The latest data released by the CDC in March of 2014 states Autism now affects 1 in 66 children and 1 in 54 boys.
· Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
· Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
· Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
· Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
- 1 of 6 school aged children are affected by a learning disability -
- 85% of marriages where there is a child with special needs may end in divorce
- 87% of children with Autism receiving effective early intervention will make significant improvement in social, communication, academic, and behavior skills.
Click HERE to view a cute story that explains The Autism Spectrum!
You can make a difference!